development pledge to be read out by
all delegates in the inaugural session on 5 JUNE 2013
1. We will develop the capabilities of the young citizenries
to be future generators of sustainable values for at large and to work for an
inclusive and sustainable global society.
2. We will incorporate into our daily lives the values of global social
responsibility as portrayed in the national as well as international
3. We will create frameworks, materials, processes and environments that enable
effective learning experiences for responsible leadership.
4. We will engage in conceptual and empirical research that advances our
understanding about the role, dynamics, and impact of corporations in the
creation of sustainable social, environmental and economic value.
5. We will interact with experts in the Governments, Ministries, Policy Planning
Organisations, Diplomatic Missions, Universities, Public and Private Sectors
undertakings to extend our knowledge of their challenges in meeting social and
environmental responsibilities and to explore jointly effective approaches to
meeting these challenges.